2018 Holy Days of Obligation
Holy Days of Obligation
Holy days are important feast days in the life of the Catholic community on which, in addition to Sundays, Catholics (who are above the age of reason and who are not sick) are obligated to participate in Mass according to the precepts of the Church. They celebrate an important mystery of the Catholic faith. The number of these holy days can vary from country to country. In the United States, there are six holy days of obligation.
All Sundays are obligatory to participate in the celebration of the Mass
- Tuesday, January 1, 2019, the solemnity of Mary, the Holy Mother of God
- Sunday, June 2, 2019, Ascension of the Lord
- Thursday, August 15, 2019, the solemnity of the Assumption of Mary
- Fridday, November 1, 2019 , the solemnity of All Saints
- Saturday, December 7, 2019, the solemnity of the Immaculate Conception
- Wednesday, December 25, 2019, the solemnity of the Nativity of the Lord
St. Joseph Parish in Port St. Joe is part of The Catholic Diocese of Pensacola - Tallahassee
Celebrate Mass with us, check Mass times for Port St. Joe at St. Joseph Eastern Time Zone here.